General Hospital Message Board
How Can Sonny Promise Connie/Kate Safety?
|Date:|| Wed, 28-Nov-2012 1:01:57 PM PST |
|Where:||General Hospital Message Board|
1. Carly--she's been kidnapped, shot in the head and nearly had her baby kidnapped by Sonny's former wife who was also driven nuts by Sonny. True, Carly did not get shot by Sonny's worst enemy unless you consider Sonny his own worst enemy, which I do. She's been driven insane--again, by Sonny and his world. We can also blame the baby Carly lost by falling down the stairs indirectly on Sonny who had impregnated Carly. Carly, though, I will add is frequently her own worst enemy and has set herself up for many falls, both physical and mental. The fall down the stairs that killed her baby was not from a push by AJ but by Carly pulling away. Stupid action to take on a staircase.
2. Alexis--yes, she's a Cassidine and therefore subject to all sorts of mental disorders, but Sonny did add to her woes by trying to drag their child into his world. Come to think of it, her sister was also a victim of Sonny's world, her daughter, Kristina and by proximity, Molly, too.
3. Kristina--nearly blown up thanks to Sonny's attempt to murder Johnny. She was also nearly killed by Sonny's enemy, Joe Scully, Jr.
4. Michael--been kidnapped by his own father (AJ) in an attempt to get him away from Sonny and his dangerous world. Oh yeah, Michael got hit by a bullet meant for Sonny and spent a year in a coma.
5. Jason--got shot multiple times by many of Sonny's enemies and the last time he was shot, it was because he got in the way of someone who wasn't really Sonny's enemy, but because the shooter (Fake Duke) was using one of Sonny's people and Jason was on the job. Sam was also nearly killed by one of Jason's enemies who was after him based on his job with Sonny.
6. Lily--Sonny's first wife who was blown up via a bomb her own father set to kill Sonny who had betrayed his daughter by planning to run away with Sonny. Add their unborn baby to this killing.
7. Brenda--who was nearly killed on several occasions and driven nuts, all thanks to Sonny's world. The most unselfish thing Sonny did was to stand her up at the altar, breaking her heart as he knew that he could not keep her safe, that she was not strong enough for his world.
8. Claudia--killed, justifiably, by Michael after Sonny had publicly demeaned and threatened her. She lost it, kidnapped Carly at gunpoint, helped deliver her baby and then was going to leave with the baby when Michael walked in.
Those are just the ones that come immediately to mind, and I'm not even considering those who ran afoul of the mob business on a daily basis. I'm thinking of Epiphany's son, other employees and the people the mob threatened or killed or who were injured or killed due to mob activity.
For Sonny to tell Connie/Kate that she's safe is laughable, though he may have meant only from the late Joe Scully, Jr. Connie/Kate. Staying with Sonny would put her at risk from all of the enemies he's earned over years in the mob. To be sure, Johnny is not much safer, though he never had her heart or her love.
I'd love for Connie/Kate to finally get herself together and tell him, nicely, that she can't live in his world, and then walk away, once and for all, a woman at peace with her choice.
- He can't. But neither can Johnny. She should have married someone - Phish - 30-Nov-2012 8:03 AM
- He can't and he's a idiot to do so. EOM - RachelElisabeth - 28-Nov-2012 7:14 PM
Don't forget the Metro Court Massacre - March 25, 2005! spoiler - Irene - 28-Nov-2012 3:55 PM
- That was fun :) EOM - jeffb_FriscoSonnyFan - 28-Nov-2012 5:34 PM
I'd Forgotten That - Marty - 28-Nov-2012 5:03 PM
Re: I'd Forgotten That - Plus.... - Irene - 28-Nov-2012 6:02 PM
I also forgot that Faith took all the kids! Now that you mention it... - Momrobare - 28-Nov-2012 6:43 PM
- And - the reason why Faith..... - Irene - 28-Nov-2012 7:49 PM
- I also forgot that Faith took all the kids! Now that you mention it... - Momrobare - 28-Nov-2012 6:43 PM
- Re: I'd Forgotten That - Plus.... - Irene - 28-Nov-2012 6:02 PM
He can't. However, I will say that Connie can more than likely - Momrobare - 28-Nov-2012 2:42 PM
- I Agree - Marty - 28-Nov-2012 5:02 PM
back to topic list