General Hospital Message Board

Subject:

Sonny Weekly Spoiler Post CP spoiler

From: JessieBrewerClassic Find all posts by JessieBrewerClassic View JessieBrewerClassic's profile Send private message to JessieBrewerClassic
Date: Tue, 09-Jan-2018 7:52:15 AM PST
Where: General Hospital Message Board
Still waiting for news about Maurice Benard re-signing his GH contract. He has an interview in the next SID and hopefully he'll announce the news in that interview. He always gives SID his contract info first.

I have seen some rumblings on twitter that Sonny fans have a reason to be happy soon. Tweets such as this: "Hey @GeneralHospital fans: Asked how long he'll keep playing Sonny, @MauriceBenard says 'I'm thinking another 2 or 3 years' #TCA18. I think with Steve back, Maurice has more reasons than usual to stay with GH.

I have to admit that I am loving that SaSon are back. I mean the REAL SaSon where they are colleagues and equal partners, not Sonny being Jarly's problem child. Also, Maurice has been putting up some funny stuff on Instagram and Snapchat with Steve. Their chemistry onscreen is no doubt in part due to their long friendship off screen.

At least in the next few weeks Sonny gets to drive a story (somewhat), and have scenes with Anna and Maxie. Also he has scenes with someone I could do without. Wimpy. Darnit PTB, PLEASE keep Sonny out of your 99th attempt to white wash wife abuser Wimpy. His supporters are out there crying about the "what aboutism" concerning Sonny. Well, regardless of anything Sonny did, it doesn't absolve Wimpy of the crime of ABUSING and almost MURDERING his wife. I don't buy his sad excuse that his big sister made him do it. And for the record, Sonny NEVER abused a woman the way Wimpy abused Alexis.

As for good writing getting Wimpy out of his corner, the character of Sonny never needed good writing to get out of a corner. That's because even with some of the piss poor writing Maurice has been subjected to in his over 20 years on GH he was still able to conjure up sympathy for Sonny through sheer acting talent. Maurice had to play what wasn't in the script for his character. And he did it/does it brilliantly. Also, for the record, there never was a LAME attempt at whitewash Sonny. Sonny has never been written as a "good guy". Sonny's appeal is not based on his redemption. So a comparison between Sonny and Wimpy is not only unnecessary it doesn't even make sense. So can we stop it with the comparisons please?? And can we move on with Sonny and Wimpy having separate stories please???

I have to admit that I am loving that SaSon are back. I mean the REAL SaSon where they are colleagues and equal partners, not Sonny being Jarly's problem child. Also, Maurice has been putting up some funny stuff on Instagram and Snapchat with Steve. Their chemistry onscreen is no doubt in part in their long friendship off screen.

Sam and Drew are so BORING! They have the same conversation every day. Sam's urgency regarding marrying Drew is on the edge of desperate. It's like she needs to marry Drew to keep her from Jason. Her and Carly's convo about Drew was prophetic and also had my Sonny loving heart all a-flutter:

"Jax is a dream come true, and Sonny is a nightmare... but it doesn't matter. My first loyalty is always to Sonny. If he needs me I will be there, if he smiles I’ll cave, if he holds out his hand I will always take it
I can't stop loving Sonny, so I broke Jax's heart. Don't do that to Drew"

That was Carlysplaining to Sam that when you marry someone for the wrong reasons it won't work out. No matter how great the package looks. (I really am not a Jerx fan but I can see where he might look good on paper). Eventually a safe bland diet becomes boring and you need to shake things up with some hot sauce and spices! Sam is a restless soul and excitement seeker and she too will eventually tire of a bland diet.

Spoilers

Today: Sam pulls back.

Alexis reacts.

Carly pushes back.

Molly calls her mom out.

Michael accepts Nelle's decision.
----------------------------------------------

Josslyn and Oscar have their first spat

Oscar turns to his father for advice

Spinelli makes headway

Jason keeps a vow

Sam retreats

Carly refuses to give up

Sonny gets territorial

Molly reaches out to her mother

Michael reluctantly goes along with Nelle's decision

Franco attempts to make peace with the past

Laura has news for Kevin

Ned is hopeful about the future

Valentin has an unexpected visitor

Kim strikes up a new friendship

Jason closes in on the truth

Michael demands that Nelle explain herself

Kiki is on pins and needles

Ned hopes to persuade Alexis to help him

Jason finds support from an unlikely source

A secret marriage is brought to light

Will friendship turn to passion when a heart is left broken?

Nelle pulls a few pages out of Carly's book to get what she wants

Scott holds the key to whether Franco pushed Drew down the stairs as children.

Drew could uncover something from his past.

Anna is shocked.

Jordan offers a welcome relief.

Sam pulls back.

Jason gets one step closer to the truth.

Ned tries to convince Alexis to help him.

Franco is caught off guard.

Alexis reacts.

Carly pushes back.

Laura shares her news with Kevin.

Ned is optimistic.

Sam makes her intentions known.

Nathan angers Dante.

Maxie has a horrible nightmare.

Sam’s plan to begin her new future with Drew hits a snag.

Jason follows through on a promise.

Oscar looks to Drew for guidance.

Carly agrees to compromise.

Sam asks Jason for a divorce to marry Drew.

Alexis is asked to help Sam get a quick divorce from Jason.

Carly doesn’t agree with Sam’s decision.

Family matters require Sonny’s special skills.

Will Finn and Anna give in to passion?

Kim may find romance in Port Charles…

As Carly (Laura Wright) and Michael (Chad Duell deal with Nelle (Chloe Lanier) and Anna (Finola Hughes) and Finn (Michael Easton) deal with the fallout from the Cassandra ordeal, Maxie has to deal with the fact that she’s carrying Faison’s grandchild.

She asked Sonny (Maurice Benard) for a big favor today–keep that news a secret. But, soon Maxie (Kirsten Storms) asks Mac (John J. York) for the biggest favor of all to protect her husband, herself, and her unborn baby. Will he come through for his step-daughter and will we ever see Maxie with one of her kids on a regular basis?

am (Kelly Monaco) is absolutely determined to have a life with Drew (Billy Miller) despite feelings for Jason.

To that end, they tried to marry legally but hit a real snag when they learned they needed to wait 24 hours for a license.

Then, they learned she is still married to Jason, so even the 24-hour wait won’t help now. But, will Jason (Steve Burton)?

None of this was deterring Sam. She went back to her desk job, but also called Jason. When Jason arrived at her door, she could barely speak.

However, she gets the guts and asks him for a divorce despite the fact that two months ago she thought she was married to him.

Jason is taken aback because he was not expecting it, but he will do whatever Sam wants and that’s good for Drew, but not very good for him.

Spoilers do reveal that Sam pulls back, but is it from Jason or Drew?

The Real Nelle?
Spoilers also reveal that Carly (Laura Wright) pushes back.

She wants Nelle (Chloe Lanier) away from Ava (Maura West) and spooked her with horror stories today and is even willing to pay Nelle to keep her alleged grandchild.

However, Michael (Chad Duell) assures his mother he sees Nelle for who she really is.

Does he see a lying liar or does he see a lost soul to save? With Michael, one never knows.

Alexis The Stalker
Alexis (Nancy Lee Grahn) seems to be spending more time than usual at Charley’s pub and Molly (Haley Pullos) calls her mother out on this since Julian owns the place.

But, will the business become someone else’s just after Julian (William deVry) bought it? He gets an offer and Ned (Wally Kurth) may be behind it.

As for Ned, he tells Olivia (Lisa LoCicero) he’s not running for mayor, and then we see Laura (Genie Francis) visiting Liz (Rebecca Herbst).

This tells us they are BOTH running for mayor.

Liz is surprised to see Laura, but she’s absolutely oblivious to what’s going on with Franco (Roger Howarth), who is haunted by thoughts of 3-year-old Drew.

Sam to Jason: “I Want A Divorce”
Sam has committed to a future with Drew, but something major is standing in their way: She’s still married to Jason. Drew is happy to oblige Sam’s request that they tie the knot right away. Sam tells Drew that she hopes their union will send a message to meddling Carly, who has been pushing her in Jason’s direction. Sam discovers that her marriage to Jason is still binding when she and Drew attempt to procure a license for their own ceremony, so she quickly goes to Jason to ask for a divorce. Sam seeks Alexis’s help in expediting the split. When Jason breaks the news of Sam’s request to Carly, the would-be “JaSam” matchmaker is undeterred. Drew, meanwhile, remains in the dark about the kiss Jason and Sam shared on New Year’s Eve.

GH Scoops/Spoilers

By Mandy

SOD 1/15/18

Sam to Jason: “I Want A Divorce”
Sam has committed to a future with Drew, but something major is standing in their way: She’s still married to Jason. Drew is happy to oblige Sam’s request that they tie the knot right away. Sam tells Drew that she hopes their union will send a message to meddling Carly, who has been pushing her in Jason’s direction. Sam discovers that her marriage to Jason is still binding when she and Drew attempt to procure a license for their own ceremony, so she quickly goes to Jason to ask for a divorce. Sam seeks Alexis’s help in expediting the split. When Jason breaks the news of Sam’s request to Carly, the would-be “JaSam” matchmaker is undeterred. Drew, meanwhile, remains in the dark about the kiss Jason and Sam shared on New Year’s Eve.

Ava looks to the future.
Peter comes to Lulu’s defense.
Kim is irate.
Laura gets an upsetting call.
Julian confronts Sonny.

Nathan is rocked when Obrecht finally spills that Cesar Faison is his biological father, even though he never fully believed that Victor Cassadine was. Nathan has a hard time processing the reveal. Nathan resolves to track Faison down. His quest will dovetail with investigative reporter Lulu’s efforts to suss out Faison’s location. But when the two team up, it could cause issues with Dante.

Jordan offers a welcome relief on 1/8, while Anna is shocked and Maxie makes a request.
Molly busts Alexis on 1/9, while Laura and Liz bond and Michael is displeased.
Franco tries to reconcile his past on 1/10, while Laura shares her news with Kevin and Ned is optimistic.
Curtis is honored on 1/11, while Sonny is curious and Maxie has a horrible nightmare.

199 replies, 709 views
generated page in 0.120 seconds using 107 database requests (reply links generated fresh)
Message archived, no new replies.
back to topic list