SoapZone Community Message Board
~~~~*~~~~**Weight Loss, Health and/or Diet Post!**~~~~*~~~~
|Date:|| Sat, 20-Oct-2012 10:20:52 AM PDT |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
Last Sunday I started the first phase of the Fat Smash Diet. I've attempted this healthier eating plan in the past and always flamed out in Phase I which is the detox phase. For 9 days you mostly eat fruits and vegetables and they are only to be eaten raw, grilled or steamed.
I've attempted this diet twice in the past and I think my biggest obstacle was myself, because I would bemoan what I couldn't eat, instead of focusing on what I could eat. I've realized that there is a wide variety of beans and grains out there that if prepared right, are very tasty and filling. That last couple of times I tried this diet, I didn't eat foods that were filling (I ate a lot of salads and was hungry all the time) and that made me crave the pop, candy, cookies, chips all the more. This time, I've committed myself to finishing this phase without falling off the wagon.
I don't miss meat as much as I thought I would, but I do miss bread...I love me some bread. Which is one of the reasons I might not continue on with this diet as you don't introduce bread back into your eating plan until Phase III...3 weeks later!! But I haven't been hungry once, I've filled up on chickpeas, sweet potatoes and black beans. Hummus is my friend and I loving making smoothies with all the fruit I've been getting. I think the one thing that is getting to me is the boredom of the plan. I want to eat something "bad" for me not because I'm hungry, but because I want something different. But I only have 3 more days to go...so I'm sticking with it. Exercise is important and I won a free month to Fit Body Boot camp, I just need to set up an appointment to be "assessed", but I've been walking right after I eat lunch.
I started this diet at 215.2 pounds and the book says not to weigh yourself again until the morning of Day 10, but I cheated and weighed myself this morning...207 (that might be just water weight, but it feels good to see anyway!). The book also says that if you lost weight at a pretty good pace (or something like that) in Phase I to continue it for another week or so. That's not happening with me.
So, what are you doing to be a healthier you?
- Congratulations on the progress you have been making. - SoftSoap - 21-Oct-2012 5:30 AM
- I lost another two pounds. :( - Momrobare - 20-Oct-2012 7:42 PM
- I got my diet food... I just cant motivate myself to start... EOM - Binx_ImplodeFauxNews - 20-Oct-2012 4:49 PM
Re: ~~~~*~~~~**Weight Loss, Health and/or Diet Post!**~~~~*~~~~ - esquire - 20-Oct-2012 4:21 PM
That's wonderful! I'm doing weight watchers online...but I've been horrible - AfroQueen - 20-Oct-2012 4:42 PM
- Tracking is the key, but it is sooooooo hard! EOM - esquire - 21-Oct-2012 12:49 PM
- That's wonderful! I'm doing weight watchers online...but I've been horrible - AfroQueen - 20-Oct-2012 4:42 PM
I've got to get my Vitamin D up to better levels. - Glory - 20-Oct-2012 10:36 AM
Mine were so low that my dr. prescribed 15,000 units which I have to take - So-say-we-all-adama - 20-Oct-2012 7:51 PM
- The same for my friend. She felt awful...turns out her vit. D was... - OnAnAlanisJAG - 21-Oct-2012 7:09 AM
- At our staff developement they offered health screenings so I took part, right - AfroQueen - 20-Oct-2012 4:44 PM
- Mine were so low that my dr. prescribed 15,000 units which I have to take - So-say-we-all-adama - 20-Oct-2012 7:51 PM
I should start exercising, but I really, really don't want to. EOM - ChloeSullivanQueen - 20-Oct-2012 10:30 AM
- I want to start strength training and pilates...but I just can't seem to get - AfroQueen - 20-Oct-2012 4:43 PM
back to topic list