SoapZone Community Message Board
Ratings: "Arrow" jumps 30 percent!
|Date:|| Thu, 08-Nov-2012 12:39:42 PM PST |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
|In reply to:|| *********Thursday TV Post*********** posted by ChloeSullivanQueen|
Arrow is the real deal.
Ratings for the superhero show just spiked 30 percent for the show’s fifth episode. Arrow delivered 3.7 million viewers and a 1.3 in the adult demo Wednesday night against a full boat of competition on the other broadcast networks. That ties the show’s premiere in 18-49. The rise is well timed — our recap claims this is creatively the show’s best episode since its premiere. Supernatural (3.7 million, 1.0) was up 20 percent.
There were another big mover last night too: NBC’s Chicago Fire (7.1 million, 2.3) jumped 44 percent to a series high thanks to a special lead-in from The Voice. Man, that singing competition sure is handy — Revolution, Go On and now Chicago Fire … it’s like a magic success-making machine. I mean, if you want to quibble, The Voice had a 4.0 rating in its last half hour then things just dropped off a cliff for the firefighter drama. But still, Fire just went from losing this space to tying CSI (10.3 million, 2.3) in the demo for the win.
This shows NBC that Chicago Fire can win its hour under the right circumstances, but it takes a massive lead-in to do it.
Meanwhile, the karaoke shows had another head-to-head bout. The Voice (10.4 million, 3.7) beat Fox’s X-Factor (6.9 million, 2.6) hands down, though NBC’s show came away bloody, down 20 percent from last Tuesday’s episode. If Chicago Fire manages to retain some of these new viewers next week, this special episode will have been worth it.
Most shows improved a bit last night. Perhaps viewers are getting back into entertainment programming again after being caught up in the election?
ABC had The Middle (9.1 million, 2.8), Neighbors (7 million, 2.1), Modern Family (12.3 million, 4.7) and Suburgatory (7.6 million, 2.9), all were up between 8 and 21 percent. At 10 p.m., ABC had Nashville (6 million, 2.0), climbing 11 percent. Will Nashville get a full season? Probably.
CBS also aired Survivor (10.3 million, 2.7) up 8 percent and Criminal Minds (12 million, 3.0) up a tenth.
- I am behind but YAY! EOM - nyc - 08-Nov-2012 9:43 PM
Supernatural rose dramatically as well. Which is AWESOME. - RachelElisabeth - 08-Nov-2012 2:57 PM
Nikita fans are BEGGING to have it paired with Arrow - Serwa - 08-Nov-2012 3:10 PM
They were already paired with a big rating show (TVD) but couldn't keep the - Jenners - 08-Nov-2012 5:48 PM
- I love SPN being liked by the head of the network. It's so refreshing. - RachelElisabeth - 09-Nov-2012 9:22 AM
- I like Nikita when I watch it, and I can see why their fans want it - RachelElisabeth - 08-Nov-2012 3:54 PM
Hmph. Nikita can step off. :P I like the Arrow/SPN pairing. EOM - ChloeSullivanQueen - 08-Nov-2012 3:13 PM
- AMEN!!!!! EOM - SFF_StephenAmellSEXY - 08-Nov-2012 3:30 PM
- They were already paired with a big rating show (TVD) but couldn't keep the - Jenners - 08-Nov-2012 5:48 PM
I choose to believe that having Dean/Sam back - ChloeSullivanQueen - 08-Nov-2012 3:08 PM
- Eh. I still like that episode...but yeah I can see why most - RachelElisabeth - 08-Nov-2012 3:56 PM
- Nikita fans are BEGGING to have it paired with Arrow - Serwa - 08-Nov-2012 3:10 PM
- It really started getting its legs under it last week. Still have to - Ninotchka - 08-Nov-2012 2:38 PM
- This reviewer wasn't as impressed lol - Serwa - 08-Nov-2012 2:25 PM
- Best new show IMO! - Serwa - 08-Nov-2012 1:59 PM
- That's great! I've been really enjoying it! EOM - Jeja - 08-Nov-2012 12:49 PM
Good news for Arrow and Nashville! EOM - ChloeSullivanQueen - 08-Nov-2012 12:45 PM
I want to breathe a sigh of relief for Nashville but am still holding it. EOM - PuckPlusFloorIsLove - 08-Nov-2012 1:36 PM
- Well, I'll take a 'probably' on a full season. :) I am hopeful. EOM - ChloeSullivanQueen - 08-Nov-2012 1:41 PM
- I want to breathe a sigh of relief for Nashville but am still holding it. EOM - PuckPlusFloorIsLove - 08-Nov-2012 1:36 PM
back to topic list