SoapZone Community Message Board
SZ Parents... WWYD?
|Date:|| Thu, 06-Dec-2012 12:30:08 PM PST |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
I questioned further and it came out that the teacher on 2 occasions gave 100% to all the students without looking at their assignment. The first time the teacher said that he/she was "too lazy" to grade them. The second time he/she spilled something on them.
If your child came home (keep in mind this is high school) and said that their teacher had given everyone 100% because they were too lazy to mark them-- would you do anything?
As a person who was keen in school, I'd probably be pissed if I was a kid and had worked hard on my assignment only to get the same grade as a kid who didn't. But on the up side, your kid who may not being doing well got 100%.
What would you do?
ETA: I should probably say that the course, while not English, is akin to it with objective writing activities.
- I agree with Lila. It's the admission of laziness that's worse. - K_SingingASong - 06-Dec-2012 7:05 PM
- notify the principal - they can then investigate, but they should be told EOM - soapsfan123 - 06-Dec-2012 4:30 PM
The issue isn't the grading... - Lila - 06-Dec-2012 4:02 PM
- Re: The issue isn't the grading... - StarryDreamer - 06-Dec-2012 5:11 PM
I had Munchkin's teacher regrade his last spelling test. - ollie - 06-Dec-2012 2:52 PM
At second grade, invented spelling is still acceptable. - Glory - 06-Dec-2012 2:55 PM
That's probably young people can't spell. EOM - carolann - 06-Dec-2012 4:23 PM
Spelling is very developmental. You learn rules and patterns and - Glory - 06-Dec-2012 5:07 PM
- When you learn to speak you don't always speak grammatically correctly - BUT - carolann - 09-Dec-2012 10:13 PM
- Yep. I remember Lana's 1st grade teacher telling us to read her daily - ladyday - 06-Dec-2012 5:38 PM
- Spelling is very developmental. You learn rules and patterns and - Glory - 06-Dec-2012 5:07 PM
- I love invented spelling and whole idea behind it. EOM - Holman - 06-Dec-2012 3:42 PM
- That's probably young people can't spell. EOM - carolann - 06-Dec-2012 4:23 PM
- At second grade, invented spelling is still acceptable. - Glory - 06-Dec-2012 2:55 PM
If it was a writing assignment, I'd be ticked...BUT if it was - Glory - 06-Dec-2012 2:04 PM
- I doubt it was something simple like a crossword - StarryDreamer - 06-Dec-2012 3:04 PM
- My honest answer (as a parent)? I wouldn't say anything... - Schill - 06-Dec-2012 12:55 PM
I'd be calling the school. I wouldn't ignore that. EOM - cap - 06-Dec-2012 12:46 PM
- Same here. EOM - DragonLizziesMom - 06-Dec-2012 4:25 PM
- It helps out a child temporarily - MontanaKC - 06-Dec-2012 12:43 PM
I don't think that's appropriate, but kids (not sure of this child's age) - Ninotchka - 06-Dec-2012 12:35 PM
Definitely not a rumour, definitely the kid was telling the truth - StarryDreamer - 06-Dec-2012 12:44 PM
- Oh, OK. I only know my experience - Ninotchka - 06-Dec-2012 12:49 PM
- Definitely not a rumour, definitely the kid was telling the truth - StarryDreamer - 06-Dec-2012 12:44 PM
back to topic list