SoapZone Community Message Board
I'm getting really tired of the oversharing thing...
|Date:|| Sat, 22-Dec-2012 2:05:59 PM PST |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
|In reply to:|| ~~~Weekend Chat Post~~~~ posted by SoftSoap|
We met at roughly the appointed time. I was expecting a fairly quick handoff...45 minutes later, I finally walked out with the pin and a WHOLE LOT of personal info I didn't want to know about this woman. I half wanted to demand a therapist's fee, since I felt like I'd done a lot of listening and mild counselling today. At the very least, I wanted to tell her a few e-mail exchanges do not make us bffs. I was a little uncomfortable by the end...but OTOH, she mentioned having nowhere that was a sanctuary for her (problems at home), so I'm thinking almost an hour "by herself" at the coffee shop was something she really needed...
But I wish I could un-hear a lot of what I heard today. Ugh.
You did someone a good turn today. - SDL - 22-Dec-2012 8:38 PM
- I agree. May have brightened the holidays for her. EOM - Lei - 24-Dec-2012 1:54 AM
Sometimes talking to a stranger is better. It's a one time thing... - Momrobare - 22-Dec-2012 6:14 PM
That's a very good point. Probably why bartenders often - Wahoo - 22-Dec-2012 6:43 PM
- You're welcome and thank YOU for making this woman's day a little.... - Momrobare - 24-Dec-2012 5:20 AM
- That's a very good point. Probably why bartenders often - Wahoo - 22-Dec-2012 6:43 PM
I thought you meant oversharing on FB or other forums. - SoftSoap - 22-Dec-2012 3:20 PM
- There's that too...<g>. Yet another reason I'm not all that - Wahoo - 22-Dec-2012 3:52 PM
Re-thinking that $2.50 me thinks. lol. Seriously you did a good thing - sydneylove - 22-Dec-2012 2:36 PM
- Yep, should've just ponied up the $2.50 <g>. And thank you - Wahoo - 22-Dec-2012 3:57 PM
back to topic list