SoapZone Community Message Board
AMC revival secures first returning cast member spoiler
|Date:|| Sat, 29-Dec-2012 10:50:36 AM PST |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
|In reply to:|| Weekend TV Post posted by TerriL|
5:26 PM PST 12/28/2012 by THR Staff
The defunct ABC soap, poised for possible online resurrection with "One Life to Live," has signed one longtime alum.
Following news that defunct soap operas All My Children and One Life to Live could soon resume production, one of the former ABC daytime dramas has locked down a key player.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS
'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' Could Relaunch in January
Vincent Irizarry, who played Dr. David Hayward from 1997 until All My Children's end in 2011, announced his plans on Facebook.
PHOTOS: 'All My Children': Famous Alums of ABC's Daytime Drama
"Happy to share that I just signed on with Prospect Park for the All My Children reboot," the actor wrote Friday. "Excited to bring dastardly Dr. David back to life, as he did for so many others, and to see my dear friends in Pine Valley once again. A great, big thank you to all the fans for your tenacity in keeping the hope alive. Youíre awesome!!! Letís all keep our fingers crossed together that it becomes a reality."
As far as becoming a reality goes, producers at Prospect Park (which secured the rights to both series in 2011) have reached deals with SAG-AFTRA, the DGA and the WGA to resume production on both series as soon as January.
If the stars continue to align and more cast members sign on to reprise their roles, All My Children and One Life to Live could be airing online next year -- as was originally planned in 2011.
- Oy. I hope this isn't a bunch of PR hope for another pfffft empty balloon. EOM - RachelElisabeth - 29-Dec-2012 3:24 PM
- I don't see how they can possibly relaunch in January when they haven't filmed - carolann - 29-Dec-2012 2:00 PM
AMC revival? EOM - LM - 29-Dec-2012 10:53 AM
All My Children on Prospect Park(online) EOM - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 10:53 AM
I don't get how this can happen. - Marriage4All - 29-Dec-2012 10:56 AM
I think they'll do what GL did and have it done in CT - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 10:58 AM
I think it's time to put these soaps to bed. - LM - 29-Dec-2012 11:07 AM
I agree you can use the same actors but different characters EOM - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 11:22 AM
I want new actors as well. Most of the actors now are bad or stopped trying. EOM - LM - 29-Dec-2012 11:30 AM
- It depends on who they bring back but soaps have such OTT plots - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 11:45 AM
- I want new actors as well. Most of the actors now are bad or stopped trying. EOM - LM - 29-Dec-2012 11:30 AM
It makes me sad, but I kinda agree:( - Marriage4All - 29-Dec-2012 11:10 AM
- That's the problem with ending a show and then bringing those characters to - LM - 29-Dec-2012 11:31 AM
- I agree you can use the same actors but different characters EOM - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 11:22 AM
Lord knows I wish no OLTL characters went to GH. - Marriage4All - 29-Dec-2012 11:02 AM
- The OLTL characters are what made me watch GH again, and now I am loving it! I - its_just_me - 30-Dec-2012 7:56 AM
- I watched GH for the Edward Tribute which was okay but could've been - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 11:04 AM
- I think it's time to put these soaps to bed. - LM - 29-Dec-2012 11:07 AM
- I think they'll do what GL did and have it done in CT - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 10:58 AM
- I don't get how this can happen. - Marriage4All - 29-Dec-2012 10:56 AM
- All My Children on Prospect Park(online) EOM - CanaryFan98 - 29-Dec-2012 10:53 AM
back to topic list