SoapZone Community Message Board
It was two years ago today that we buried my father.
|Date:|| Mon, 31-Dec-2012 6:58:53 PM PST |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
|In reply to:|| ~~~~~ Monday & New Years Eve Chat Post~~~~~ posted by SoftSoap|
This year, though, I feel pretty much ok. I'm working so it means I won't be partying - fingers crossed I get home before the ball drops. I thought I would be fine around the 28th, then I talked with my mom on the 27th and then I was in a major funk the rest of the day into the 28th. I came home from work that night and just wanted Mr. Kris to hold me while I cried. :(
I know that it will eventually get better but I really miss him. Tonight when I get home I'll have my glass of champagne but I'll also pour a glass of Southern Comfort (his favorite drink) and put it on the mantle. Weird story - on NYE 2010 we all gathered at my older brother's house that night and were outside by the fire watching...something. I think it was a bowl game. Anyway, my brother poured a glass and put it on the mantle (he has a big outdoor fireplace) and we left it there when we went to bed. He told me later that when he went to clean up the next day that the glass was still sitting on the mantle, empty. I like to think Dad had one last drink. :) My brother takes a small bottle of Southern Comfort to his grave every year (on my dad's birthday I think) and pours it in the ground. It's eventually going to smell like a distillery there, lol.
- I'm sorry. :( It's really rough to lose someone this time of year. - Karikos - 31-Dec-2012 9:58 PM
- I'm so sorry for your loss. EOM - Jazzy - 31-Dec-2012 9:51 PM
- I'm so sorry for your loss, and I love that picture of your Dad! - MontanaKC - 31-Dec-2012 8:12 PM
- I feel you, and I'm really sorry:( We do something similar with my dad... - Kyline_PadacklesFF - 31-Dec-2012 7:57 PM
- Sorry for your loss :( EOM - LM - 31-Dec-2012 7:25 PM
(((hugs)) I love the story about the empty glass on the mantle - Wahoo - 31-Dec-2012 7:13 PM
- Thanks. I like that part, too. - Kris - 31-Dec-2012 7:16 PM
back to topic list