SoapZone Community Message Board
WWSD: Someone steals your car, you....
|Date:|| Mon, 21-Aug-2017 9:41:41 AM PDT |
|Where:||SoapZone Community Message Board|
As they started to chat, the truth came out.
She knows who stole her car. She didn't report the crime and instead agreed to allow the person a "payment plan" to pay back what is owed on the old car that is now lost to her.
Assuming the person who stole the car is a family member or a friend... if said person stole your car (in the sense that the car was lost to you FOREVER because of their theft) would you report the crime to the police?
Immediately I was like YES, ABSOLUTELY I'd report the crime and then cut that person right out.
In the girl's story, I'm not sure I would agree to a payment plan. If the person is shady enough that they stole your car in the first place, they're shady enough to stiff you on the payments.
What would SZ do?
- When my mother's car was briefly stolen, lol... - Marriage4All - 21-Aug-2017 2:33 PM
- I'm lucky in that I believe I am not surrounded by such low lifes... - Cassie - 21-Aug-2017 1:09 PM
Re: Did she get money from her insurance company for the theft? - kll - 21-Aug-2017 11:12 AM
- Yeah, that was my question. EOM - Marriage4All - 21-Aug-2017 2:31 PM
- My first thought too. Insurance fraud EOM - TaxPert - 21-Aug-2017 12:57 PM
Hadn't considered the insurance angle. - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 11:24 AM
Most insurance will NOT pay for a "stolen" item which has NOT been reported to.. - Irene - 21-Aug-2017 12:35 PM
Yes! This is the law here too. - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 1:16 PM
- If she was committing insurance fraud, calling in to talk about it on the radio - Dreamylyfe - 21-Aug-2017 2:29 PM
Even if she TOLD the police that she didn't know who took the car... - Irene - 21-Aug-2017 2:23 PM
- That's a good point!! - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 4:36 PM
- Excellent point. I didn't think about insurance requiring a police report. EOM - Amber - 21-Aug-2017 12:50 PM
- Yes! This is the law here too. - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 1:16 PM
- I just assumed she paid for the new car with insurance that covered the old one. EOM - Amber - 21-Aug-2017 12:04 PM
- Most insurance will NOT pay for a "stolen" item which has NOT been reported to.. - Irene - 21-Aug-2017 12:35 PM
Is she not liable for the car now? EOM - Tinkerbellsf30 - 21-Aug-2017 10:31 AM
- I guess? - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 11:28 AM
I'd totally report it just to cover my own butt. Because the person - The_Cat_Did_It - 21-Aug-2017 10:00 AM
See this is in Canada... - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 11:26 AM
- In this case, it's the same here. You could report the criminals... - Amber - 21-Aug-2017 12:02 PM
- See this is in Canada... - StarryDreamer - 21-Aug-2017 11:26 AM
- If I knew them, I'd call the police on both of them. Fraud sux. EOM - Amber - 21-Aug-2017 9:54 AM
back to topic list