Young and the Restless Message Board
Let Me Count All The Ways They've Destroyed This Summer Story
|Date:|| Wed, 17-Jul-2013 7:42:38 PM PDT |
|Where:||Young and the Restless Message Board|
I was so looking forward to this - even if it was gonna be a bait and switch - cause the initial fallout should be worth it.
Boy. Was. I. Wrong.
Let me count the ways:
1) Phyllis deciding to HELP Nick keep this a secret from Jack and Summer. Her initial reaction was so on point. She was disgusted and infuriated and hurt and just blown away. But the moment they had her conspiring to keep the secret, and then seducing Kyle to get him away from Summer, while still giving Nick the soft eyes, it was doomed. WTF??? Why would she do that? Why would she f'k over Jack like that by seducing his son? And she thought it'd be better for Summer to hate her (for kissing Kyle) than justifiably hating Nick? WTF?
2) Sharon turning into Patti. Someone on this board had caught the possibility of Sharon switching the results, but the reality of it is just too much. That Sharon would do this to Nick is unbelievable and to Summer unconscionable. Not to mention all the other people involved, including her own kids. I do not understand how Sharon remains a longterm viable character after this.
When they had her marry Victor and destroy Newman Enterprises, that was one thing. But this? THIS? This is something that Patti would do. And we see where she is now. How can Sharon ever be a full fledged character again? She cannot come back from this.
3) Jack forgiving Phyllis. Are you freaking kidding me??!?!?!!?!? Phyllis not only kept the secret, but then made it worse by seducing Jack's son. And for this, he tells her "There's nothing to forgive"??? Are they insane??!?!?!
4) Kyle not giving a f'k about his father and ONLY caring about Summer. It was bad enough when Kyle made out with Phyllis, Jack found out, and then Kyle was all "Hey, let me go get Summer back. Forget about Dad!" But now he finds out his father was deceived in the worst way, and he still can't muster any genuine caring for what his father is going through? All he sees is Summer. Asshat.
5) Jack not having a support system. Traci was there for one day. Billy doesn't know. Ashley is still in the dark. Abby is MIA. Kyle could give a f'k. And Phyllis is still more concerned with how Nick is feeling than Jack.
If you didn't know that, then you didn't catch her expression when she and Jack were kissing. Or even before when he was lamenting about the loss of having a family with her. Ugh.
This is ridiculous. I know the Abbotts are now allegedly inferior to the Newmans, but GMAFB. How is it that NOBODY is there for Jack? NOBODY is pissed on Jack's behalf???
Jack gets screwed over and everyone lines up to kiss Nick's ass. Which brings me to....
6) Everyone forgiving Nick as if he just forgot to lock Summer into a car seat. He stole Jack's child. And no, being sad over Cassie isn't a legitimate reason. And no, he's NOT better than Adam.
Adam was pure evil for tormenting AShley into a miscarriage. But he gave her Faith to attempt to make up for it. And he started spending time with Sharon to help ease her pain for losing her daughter. It was all very sick and twisted, but technically he was trying to "make it better".
Nick was ALL. ABOUT NICK.
And what makes him WORSE than Adam is he watched Ashley lose her daughter to he and Sharon cause of Adam's baby switch lie. Yet at NO point does he look at Summer and Jack and Phyllis back then and say "Damn, I'm damn near as bad."
He stood there and berated Adam relentlessly while HE was stealing "Jack's" kid!
So what happens to him? Nothing. Not a damn thing.
And maybe this is why JM is struggling with this. Nick lost NOTHING. Summer still loves him and sings his praises. She just can't be with him right now. Phyllis is giving him googly eyes. Sharon is gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs in an effort to reclaim him. Victoria pooh-poohed it away as if it were nothing. Victor was all "That damn Jack Abbott". Jack hit him but was still singing his praises later to Summer. And Avery shed some tears, but has been welcoming him home every night.
The ONLY one who's had the appropriate reaction *IS* Adam.
You know, I used to have hope that this outcome would affect Chelsea's dumbass decisions. But she'll probably never hear about it. Or if she does, it will be the same "Nick's heart was in the right place. Adam is scum."
How could they mess this up so badly???
Great post! Honestly I'm beginning to think this was all about - HeatherTomRules - 18-Jul-2013 4:57 PM
if they are going with Kyle and Summer they need to replace the actor - Sheri - 19-Jul-2013 1:04 PM
- Sadly I think the reason they replaced the other Kyle was so - HeatherTomRules - 19-Jul-2013 2:25 PM
- if they are going with Kyle and Summer they need to replace the actor - Sheri - 19-Jul-2013 1:04 PM
- This post is perfect and Y&R continues to disappoint. - DarkAngel - 18-Jul-2013 4:54 PM
- Terri, also I love this post! ICAM with every word! EOM - Leia - 18-Jul-2013 3:33 PM
- Love this thread and agree with all of it! EOM - Bronson - 18-Jul-2013 2:30 PM
- Reading recaps the last week or so...I just think this is one - TheBlackPearl - 18-Jul-2013 8:56 AM
- Can I marry this post? Cause I love it that much. EOM - The_Cat_Did_It - 18-Jul-2013 8:20 AM
- The Sharon stuff is classic JFP wanting to destroy a character - Emma - 18-Jul-2013 6:56 AM
- Awesome post! Well said my friend. - Mirage - 18-Jul-2013 4:22 AM
- Great post! I think Summer, Noah and Adam had the best and most - Antwon - 17-Jul-2013 10:11 PM
- It's sad the amount of contempt TIIC have for the - Monkeyonthelam - 17-Jul-2013 10:05 PM
- Terri, don't you know the World revoles around the Newmans? - JohnTheBaptistFF - 17-Jul-2013 9:40 PM
I've seen four Y&R "sweeps" during the past 6 years, and this is f'ing insane! - stargems - 17-Jul-2013 8:20 PM
- Jack vs Gloria was SO AWESOME. And Jack lost that one too. :( - TerriL - 17-Jul-2013 8:56 PM
back to topic list