Young and the Restless News & Gossip

Carol Banks Weber photo
scoops & spoilers
General Hospital
One Life to Live
All My Children
Young and the Restless NEW!
news & gossip
This week’s News & Gossip
News & Gossip from last week
...from two weeks ago
...from three weeks ago
...from four weeks ago

News for the week of 01-Jul-2013

by Carol Banks Weber

Doug Davidson (Paul) tweeted June 26 a pic of the new placard on the late Jeanne Cooper’s (Katherine) dressing room door. It states that her door is always open.

On July 1, the TV Guide Network (TVGN) leads up to the debut of Y&R same-day re-airings with a special Countdown to The Young and the Restless on TVGN, featuring the soap’s actors and a live audience of fans. Fans have a chance to win something extra special, a Y&R set visit. All they have to do is watch Y&R on TVGN every week night at 7 p.m. ET/PT, pick up the daily code word, and plug it into TVGN’s Facebook for the sweepstakes.

Fans following the Supreme Court’s DOMA ruling drama received confirmation of a long-held rumor about Greg Rikaart (Kevin) when the actor tweeted a picture of himself and his sweetheart, a writer named Robert Sudduth, with the words: “Not getting married anytime soon, but celebrating #equality tonight nonetheless.”

Tracey Bregman (Lauren) is ageless. She looks even younger and more beautiful now than she did when she first broke onto the soap scene first as a tomboy on DOOL as Donna Temple in the late 1970s, then a vixen on Y&R starting in 1983. Part of that has to be her clean, conscious living, choosing to eat gluten-free. In her June 14th Conscious Living blog, Bregman gives a detailed account of her journey toward better health for herself, her family, and her friends. She’s not on a strict gluten-free diet and she doesn’t suffer from celiac disease. Her 80 percent gluten-free way of eating is purely by choice. The other 20 percent covers those days when she just has to indulge, like when she’s at Malibu’s Taverna Tony’s for the extra-crispy bread with house dip. It hasn’t been easy for her starting out gluten-free, back “before people were even talking about it. Believe me, it was very difficult when I first started. Difficult to find anything resembling bread or anything that didn’t feel like lead in your stomach after eating it.” Through the years, she’s become quite an expert, coverting her mom, 80, recently, not an easy task, and eased her children into the gluten-free lifestyle (they’re about 50/50). Her TV son, Max Ehrich (Fen) and real-life boyfriend Aaron also subscribe to the gluten-free diet. In this blog, Bregman suggests gluten-free products for breakfast through dessert that she herself vouches for: Canyon Bakehouse seven-grain bread, homemade gluten-free zucchini/banana bread with coconut palm sugar, Glutino Pretzels, Guacamole Bites by Nature Box, and Tate’s gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and brownies.

Gossip for the week of 01-Jul-2013

by Carol Banks Weber

Fans on Twitter have been asking Victoria Rowell (ex-Dru) if she’s the mysterious blogger dogging Neil. Rowell wouldn’t say. But she did ask them to stay tuned for a surprise: “Keep checking in, NEW news SOON!”

Young and the Restless News & Gossip, Copyright © 2014 Carol Banks Weber. Published by SoapZone.com / Jeff Jungblut. No part of this page may be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means (electronic, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of the publisher. Opinions expressed on this page are those of the author and may not be representative of SoapZone.com or its advertisers. Don't steal scoops.